|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction Superintendent (Miami, FL)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Plans, directs, and coordinates all project-related field activities and works with the Project Manager as necessary to complete all assigned Projects on time and within budget parameters, and in accordance with our client’s specific needs and concerns. Communicates openly and honestly; works diligently toward building long-lasting, non-adversarial, relationships with all internal and external customers. In addition, he or she consistently works toward developing a spirit of cooperation and mutual respect with all Project stakeholders by adhering to the company’s Mission Statement and Guiding Principles.
The current critical tasks of this position are described below; however, they may be subject to change at any time to facilitate departmental growth or to provide career advancement opportunities.
- Maintains various files, reports, and logs; i.e., Daily Manpower Report, Inspection Logs, Weekly Labor Reports, Contracts, Correspondence, Submittal/Shop Drawings, Weekly Safety Training Sessions, etc.
- Reviews Subcontracts and Purchase Orders for completeness for the Scope of Work, compliance with Contract Documents, and discusses all inconsistencies with Project Manager.
- Compiles and reviews Submittal/Shop Drawings for coordination with Contract Documents and Subcontractors or Vendors.
- Plans and coordinates all Subcontractors and Vendors for various construction activities; i.e., scheduling, manpower, materials, safety, quality, progress, etc.
- Assists in updating the Project Schedule regularly, documenting status of delays by category; i.e., field, delivery, manpower, strikes, acts of God, etc. Coordinates delivery of materials and Subcontractors to ensure compliance with the Project Schedule.
- Performs frequent job site walk-throughs to ensure progress and fulfillment of various Company standards; i.e., safety, quality, compliance with Contract Documents, inspections, quality control testing, etc.
- Provides information for a complete, up-to-date set of Contract Documents for office and field use.
- Attends Project Team meetings with Project Manager and stakeholders to ensure communication and discussion of current issues and recognition of potential problems and delays.
- Schedules completion of final punch list and advises Project Manager of any delays or difficulties.
- Ensures all inspections, and procures Certificate of Occupancy. Conducts walk-through with Owner and/or Architect and assists in the preparation of final punch list. Assists in the establishment of the final Project walk-through and final acceptance dates with the Owner and/or Architect.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction or engineering from an accredited university or appropriate technical training preferred.
- At least five years of management experience in the commercial construction industry.
- Must know and understand all facets of the public and commercial construction industry.
- Must possess an understanding of how jobs will go together functionally and envision the work to be performed and the difficulty involved when preparing an estimate. Needs excellent skills in dealing with suppliers, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|