|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction Superintendent – Tilt-wall (Orlando, FL)
Direct all construction activities at the project site in accordance with pre-established schedules, budgets, contract documents, and procedures.
Construction Superintendent Responsibilities:
- Develop plan for sequence of work. Participate in developing schedule. Plan and organize project work to assure all work is in place on or before milestone and end dates.
- Know plans and specifications of the project, with emphasis on milestones and end dates.
- Apply experience to develop durations for each activity. Where required seek assistance from others. ie: subcontractor, consultants, team, to determine duration.
- Have working knowledge of contract documents, including the General Conditions and the company’s contracts with the owner and subcontractors.
- Know the scope of work, budget and submittal schedule for the company
- Know the scheduled delivery dates for all materials and equipment that have a direct effect on the schedule.
- Implement Safety program. Conduct regular scheduled and unscheduled safety inspections to assure all working conditions and work habits are in compliance with company and government standards.
- Implement corporate Quality Control policies and programs. Confirm that all field forces are aware of company standard of each item of work.
- Assist in the resolution of scope conflicts. Recognize such conflicts as soon as possible and take steps to assure they do not impede progress on project.
- Where applicable manage field work force in accordance with terms and condition of relevant collective bargaining agreements.
- Participate in the project administrative functions. Provides information on timely basis for cost to complete, financial statement and pay requisitions.
- Stay informed of training opportunities that may assist in overall success of team on project.
- Assist in project close out as required.
- Create and update a weekly, 3 week look ahead schedule to provide to the owner.
Construction Superintendent Requirements:
- BS in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or a related field a plus
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience
- Must have experience in Tilt Wall construction for commercial, industrial and/or mixed-use projects
- Solid presentation and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions under tight deadlines
- Ability to organize people, tools, and equipment and plan/orchestrate multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability and willingness to face challenges, provide direction to others, and effectively address conflict.
- Computer Skills – Demonstrated knowledge of how to use a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools (e-mail, Internet, etc.) as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office, Project, Word, Excel and Procore a plus.
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|