|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: CNC Automation Programmer (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
Develop CNC processes and programs for the manufacturing of products in multiple-axis machining centers. Products include various aluminum extrusions. Take the lead role in process improvement and cost reductions through productivity improvement and machine time reductions, including tool and new product program testing. Provide input into the purchase of new CNC equipment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Support the Team with V6 interface data input and output for Automation.
- Develop, train, and provide technical support to less experienced CNC Operators.
- Responsible for quick turnaround support and manufacture of architectural metal products.
- Develop machining processes and programs for the manufacturing of products in multiple-axis machining centers interfacing with the Director/Manager along with production personnel.
- Analyze part drawings, sketches, and design data to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selecting cutting tools, and machine speeds and feeds, according to knowledge of machine shop processes. Perform debugging and testing of CNC programs in the machining centers.
- Collaborate and advise the design team on design for manufacturability.
- Develop and maintain CNC programs of multiple-axis machining centers using an advanced three-dimensional programming CAD/CAM system.
- Provide time and cost estimates as needed.
- Write instruction sheets and tool lists to guide the set-up and operation of the machining centers.
- Aid in the training of production operators on the use of new CNC machine control and tools.
Expected Areas of Competence
Experience in the glass and glazing industry is a must, but knowledge of aluminum material and fabrication would be valuable as well.
- Must possess extensive CNC machining process and programming knowledge.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and ISO standards is a plus.
- Working knowledge of online project management systems preferred.
- Experience leading and training others helpful.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills, be team and customer-focused, and have good interpersonal skills.
- Associates Degree in a related field and 3-5 years of related experience preferred.
- Or 5+ years’ experience with related training/certification (e.g., Tool & Die, Machinist, or NIMS certification).
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|