The Estimator builds effective relationships with team members, internal and external customers, suppliers, and subcontractors. The Estimator reports to the President and oversees specific projects. He/She also participates in business development and client engagement. This person consistently supports and upholds the company Culture, Processes, and Values at all times.
Skills and Abilities
· Forward thinking, progressive, dynamic leader who has excellent interpersonal and management skills.
· Thorough understanding of project logistics and project schedules.
· Ability to read and understand construction specifications and drawings.
· Strong knowledge of standard estimating practices.
· Excellent oral and written business communication skills.
· Comfortable and convincing in public presentations and project interviews.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
· Ability to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude at all times.
· Ability to get along with different personalities and be a fully contributing team player.
Day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Prepare estimates with the necessary level of detail for all design stages: (Program/Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents.)
· Prepare quantity take-offs and estimated costs of materials, labor, and use of equipment required to fulfill all provisions of the contract from simple to complex.
· Prepare quantity take-offs and estimates in detail for self-performed work (Selective demolition, Concrete, steel erection, carpentry, etc.)
· Evaluate labor pricing/production for specific projects and/or locations; demonstrate proficiency in material, labor, sub and equipment pricing for all trade disciplines.
· Assemble general conditions estimates for review by Operations Manager and/or Senior Project Manager
· Assist with maintaining the estimating cost data base to ensure costs are up to date.
· Manage job-specific estimating teams in the assembly and submission of bids.
· Prepare Estimate Action List; establish responsibilities and make assignments to estimating team members; coordinate and supervise work; establish schedule for completion of tasks to meet project requirements; keep Chief Estimator advised in regard to schedule.
· Review estimate assignments to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to formal submission.
· Consult with clients, architects, subcontractors, and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effect cost reductions, and resolve issues.
· Study specifications to assist the operations team in planning procedures for construction.
· Research construction documents and analyze specifications to determine estimated costs.
· Work with the operations team throughout the preconstruction process in reviewing plans and specifications for constructability issues and determining general requirements on the project.
· Understand how to create proper bid packages and bid alternate strategies.
· Ensure that all work items from scope review are included in estimate and that cost trail from bids to Bid Package Scope Analysis Worksheets to estimate is clear and correct.
· Prepare clear, properly formatted, Bid Package Scope Analysis Worksheets; review Bid Analysis Worksheets prepared by others for coordination.
· Manage the subcontractor solicitation process using SmartBidNet. Assure that the appropriate team members are part of the approval process for all bid lists. Issue bid invitations to subcontractors/vendors – Ensure adequate bid coverage for each trade package (receipt of 3 bids minimum, 4 to 5 preferred); generate interest and get commitments on subcontractor participation; obtain local participation to meet project needs.
· Review subcontractor and supplier bids for conformity to contract requirements and determine acceptable bids.
· Present and explain project budgets to clients, designers, and operations teams. Lead estimate presentations; “sell” estimates to Client and design team.
· Perform comprehensive bid day analysis and scoping of specific assigned trades.
· Understand how to scale subs to the size/scope of the project.
· Communicate with subcontractors on key issues, such as project schedule, addenda, scope of work, and other bid information.
· Ensure that there is proper trade package coverage of subcontractors on bid day.
· Ensure that all quantity surveys and pricing are accurate and complete.
· Seek and qualify new subcontractors.
· Uphold the O’Shea Way Processes and Culture
Familiarity / Proficiency with the following software or internet based programs:
o Sage 300
o On-Screen Takeoff by On Center Software
o MS Excel
o MS Word o PowerPoint o Outlook Supervisory
· Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Construction Management preferred.
· Minimum 6 years construction experience.
· Significant knowledge and experience on CM/GC, CMaR, Design Build projects, and complex competitive bid projects.
· Proven track record of success working internally with an operations team and externally with Owners, Architects/Engineers, and subcontractors.
· Strong healthcare experience preferred.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|