|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Real Estate Development Construction Manager
We are looking for an experienced Construction Manager/Owner’s Rep with multi-family construction experience. This position serves as a liaison between third parties, General Contractors, and the Company’s Development team. The Construction Manager represents the developer/owner’s best interest and ensures flawless construction administration and completion of ground-up multi-family construction projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of initial project budgets and schedules as part of our due diligence process relating to evaluating prospective new projects and business opportunities and confirming their financial viability.
- Manage each phase of the project including design development, internal and external design reviews, permitting, bidding, contracting, construction, project turnover and delivery to management, project closeout, and assist with warranty items as needed.
- Manage project timelines, monitoring for compliance and creating recovery strategies when timelines are disrupted.
- Provide updates on key project milestones, monitor and update budget as appropriate and report back to senior management on progress. Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path.
- Oversee vendor and project team members work to ensure compliance with contract and client expectations.
- Review each phase of documents and fill gaps in scope while providing trackable feedback in a collaborative manner that sets the standards for document quality.
- Generate monthly reports as to the progress, problems, solutions, inspections, change orders, construction meetings, shop drawings, products and other items that reflect the progress or the lack there of.
- Receive and coordinate responses to the contractor’s requests for information with the architect, engineer, or ownership team.
- Actively and consistently pursue alternative means and methods that might maximize cost efficiency and schedule adherence, without sacrifice to quality, design integrity or accepted design standards.
- Responsibility for contract administration, change order review and management, invoice approvals, and verification of accurate bonds, insurance and lien waivers from contractors and vendors.
- Maintain project documents and drawings on shared electronic portals to ensure quick and easy access by other Internal departments.
- Guide the design teams through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documentation and sign off.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience in multi-family construction operations, including project management, scheduling and estimating/budgeting.
- Procore certification.
- Experience with sophisticated multi-family projects; wrap, podium, urban and stick frame preferred.
- Knowledge of construction practices and labor costs in construction, plus a good knowledge of the uses and costs of materials.
- Experience building and developing subcontractor relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and deliver on time and within budget.
- Proficient in reading and understanding construction documents (architectural, structural, mechanical, specifications, etc.)
- Mastery of MS Project, MS Office Suite, and project management software
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal building codes and safety requirements.
- Must be able to work “hands-on” in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
- Motivation, resourcefulness, and professional versatility; driven to continuous performance improvement.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|