We specialize in vertical building for General Contractors, Construction Management, Developer Builders and Specialty contractors.
All levels – entry to CEO including experienced Administrative and Accounting
If you do not fall in this category, please do not apply.
Development and Construction Manager Job Description
Under the general supervision of the VP of Real Estate and Development, schedules, coordinates, and oversees multiple construction projects including but not limited to scheduling of contractors and vendors, resolving day-to-day construction related issues, and inspecting all work during construction to ensure quality and compliance with plans and specifications.
Development and Construction Manager Responsibilities
– Assists VP in overseeing all phases of construction from beginning to end.
– Works with General Contractor and Architect in obtaining all permits and approvals necessary to construct the clinics; coordinates and manages communication with municipal officials to obtain necessary approvals and permits.
– Follows up with General Contractor and vendors to ensure each project is properly closed out in a timely manner.
– Follows up with Landlords to ensure each project is properly closed out and that all Lease requirements are met by both parties. Including, but not limited to, tracking Tenant Improvement Allowance reimbursement, SNDA delivery and other Lease requirements.
– Ensures all labor and materials are delivered in a timely manner, based on installation lead times; ensuring pricing meets established budgetary requirements.
– Manages multiple construction projects at one given time and prepares construction pipeline/progress reports for all projects on a regular basis.
– Manages communication with contractors and other outside vendors.
– Performs regular on-site monitoring and quality control function; manages and resolves potential issues and problems. Ensures compliance to all safety procedures at site.
– Actively participates in pipeline meetings and maintains records of all construction dates and project costs.
– Oversees and coordinates the maintenance of clinic construction issues, repairs and alterations. Ensures all maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely, cost-effective manner and according to all specifications.
– Communicates with landlords and contractors on construction related issues.
– Interfaces with appropriate staff/managers to receive information regarding facilities’ needs; ensures timely response to requests.
– Assists VP of Real Estate with Site Selection and Lease Negotiations and actively participates in kick-off meetings in the preparation of new site approvals.
– Assists and covers when necessary to maintain high productivity and efficiency in the department.
Development and Construction Manager Requirements
– At least 5 years of Construction Project Management is highly desirable.
– Technical degree in the field of Construction or Project Management is highly desirable. (A comparable amount of education and experience may be substituted for degree.)
– Retail Real Estate and Lease Negotiation experience is a plus.
– Computer Literate: Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required. Project management related software is a plus.
– Acts as a team player. Uses oral and written communication with employees at all levels of the business for support and sharing of information.
– Demonstrates ability to function effectively as a part of a team.
– Accepts constructive criticism well in an open and non-defensive manner.
– Seeks to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
– Use of computer, telephone, and other office equipment such as printer and fax.
– Frequently required to stand when on project/construction sites.
– Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
– Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
– Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
– May have several responsibilities at once.
– Work may be stressful at times due to multiple new projects.
– Occasional overnight travel outside the Tri-County area within Florida may be required as business need dictates.
– Occasional availability on weekends, holidays and evenings is required to comply with the purpose of the job.
– Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
– Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
– Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
– Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to read, write, spell in English legibly and succinctly without grammatical or communication errors.
– Talk and hear both by person and by telephone; ability to speak clearly and effectively using proper grammar before employees and business partners, among others.
– Excellent organizational skills.
– Ability to manage conflicting priorities. Ability to maintain a positive work ethic and a congenial attitude in the face of a high pressure environment.
– Ability to accept constructive criticism well in an open, non-defensive manner in this detail-oriented and often challenging position.
– Ability to function independently and with flexibility.
– Ability to work under pressure. Able to handle multiple tasks and interruptions.
– A well-groomed, business-like appearance.
– Detail oriented. Visual sharpness is required.
– Use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|