|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
We specialize in vertical building for General Contractors, Construction Management, Developer Builders and Specialty contractors. All levels – entry to CEO including experienced Administrative and Accounting. If you do not fall in this category, please do not apply.
Construction Superintendent – Storage Job Description:
Direct all construction activities at the project site in accordance with pre-established schedules, budgets, contract documents, and procedures.
Construction Superintendent – Storage Responsibilities:
- Develop plan for sequence of work. Participate in developing schedule. Plan and organize project work to assure all work is in place on or before milestone and end dates.
- Know plans and specifications of the project, with emphasis on milestones and end dates.
- Apply experience to develop durations for each activity. Where required seek assistance from others. ie: subcontractor, consultants, team, to determine duration.
- Apply working knowledge of equipment capability and develop plan for optimum utilization.
- Have working knowledge of contract documents, including the General Conditions and the company’s contracts with the owner and subcontractors.
- Know the scope of work for the company and others.
- Know the scheduled delivery dates for all materials and equipment that have a direct effect on the schedule.
- Know submittal schedule.
- Revise project schedule.
- Know the budget
- Implement Safety program. Conduct regular scheduled and unscheduled safety inspections to assure all working conditions and work habits are in compliance with company and government standards.
- Take remedial action when required. Establish a procedure for hazard recognition at the beginning of every new activity.
- Maintain good working relationships with all internal and external customers (see relationships below).
- Implement corporate Quality Control policies and programs. Confirm that all field forces are aware of company standard of each item of work.
- Assist in the resolution of scope conflicts. Recognize such conflicts as soon as possible and take steps to assure they do not impede progress on project.
- Establish open door policy. Be available to project personnel, so matters of importance can be addressed as soon as possible.
- Where applicable manage field work force in accordance with terms and condition of relevant collective bargaining agreements.
- Participate in the project administrative functions. Provides information on timely basis for cost to complete, financial statement and pay requisitions.
- Stay informed of training opportunities that may assist in overall success of team on project.
- Assist in project close out as required.
- Create and update a weekly, 3 week look ahead schedule to provide to the owner.
Construction Superintendent – Storage Requirements:
- BS in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or a related field a plus
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience
- Must have experience in warehouse, storage or big box
- Solid presentation and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions under tight deadlines
- Ability to organize people, tools, and equipment and plan/orchestrate multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability and willingness to face challenges, provide direction to others, and effectively address conflict.
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations
- Computer Skills – Demonstrated knowledge of how to use a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools (e-mail, Internet, etc.) as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office, Project, Word, and Excel.
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- General Contractor License, not required but a Plus+
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|