We specialize in vertical building for General Contractors, Construction Management, Developer Builders and Specialty contractors.
All levels – entry to CEO including experienced Administrative and Accounting
If you do not fall in this category, please do not apply.
Construction Superintendent – Storage Job Description
Direct all construction activities at the project site in accordance with pre-established schedules, budgets, contract documents, and procedures.
Construction Superintendent – Storage Responsibilities:
– Develop plan for sequence of work. Participate in developing schedule. Plan and organize project work to assure all work is in place on or before milestone and end dates.
– Know plans and specifications of the project, with emphasis on milestones and end dates.
– Apply experience to develop durations for each activity. Where required seek assistance from others. ie: subcontractor, consultants, team, to determine duration.
– Apply working knowledge of equipment capability and develop plan for optimum utilization.
– Have working knowledge of contract documents, including the General Conditions and the company’s contracts with the owner and subcontractors.
– Know the scope of work for the company and others.
– Know the scheduled delivery dates for all materials and equipment that have a direct effect on the schedule.
– Know submittal schedule.
– Revise project schedule.
– Know the budget
– Implement Safety program. Conduct regular scheduled and unscheduled safety inspections to assure all working conditions and work habits are in compliance with company and government standards. Take remedial action when required. Establish a procedure for hazard recognition at the beginning of every new activity.
– Maintain good working relationships with all internal and external customers (see relationships below).
– Implement corporate Quality Control policies and programs. Confirm that all field forces are aware of company standard of each item of work.
– Assist in the resolution of scope conflicts. Recognize such conflicts as soon as possible and take steps to assure they do not impede progress on project.
– Establish open door policy. Be available to project personnel, so matters of importance can be addressed as soon as possible.
– Where applicable manage field work force in accordance with terms and condition of relevant collective bargaining agreements.
– Participate in the project administrative functions. Provides information on timely basis for cost to complete, financial statement and pay requisitions.
– Stay informed of training opportunities that may assist in overall success of team on project.
– Assist in project close out as required.
– Create and update a weekly, 3 week look ahead schedule to provide to the owner.
Construction Superintendent – Storage Requirements:
– BS in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or a related field a plus
– Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience
– Must have experience in warehouse, storage or big box
– Solid presentation and verbal/written communication skills
– Ability to make decisions under tight deadlines
– Ability to organize people, tools, and equipment and plan/orchestrate multiple activities to accomplish desired results
– Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability and willingness to face challenges, provide direction to others, and effectively address conflict.
– Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations
– Computer Skills – Demonstrated knowledge of how to use a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools (e-mail, Internet, etc.) as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office, Project, Word, and Excel.
– Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
– General Contractor License, not required but a Plus+
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|