Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Plans, directs, and coordinates all Project-related field activities and works with the Project Manager as necessary to complete all assigned Projects on time and within budget parameters, and in accordance with our clients’ specific needs and concerns. Communicates openly and honestly; works diligently toward building long-lasting, non-adversarial, relationships with all internal and external customers. In addition, he or she consistently works toward developing a spirit of cooperation and mutual respect with all Project stakeholders by adhering to company’s Mission Statement and Guiding Principles.
The current critical tasks of this position are described below; however, they may be subject to change at any time to facilitate departmental growth or to provide career advancement opportunity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Assists in the PreConstruction phase of assigned Projects; i.e., develops site logistic plans, conducts site investigations, develops project schedules, plans manpower and equipment, subcontractor selection, reviews Plans/Specifications for constructability, attends PreConstruction meetings with stakeholders, reviews permitted construction documents; advises Project Team of changes and affect on Project Budget.
· Maintains a clean and safe Project site in accordance with Project Administration Manual and Company Safety Program.
· Maintains all Company equipment in safe working condition; i.e., power tools, hand tools, vehicles, etc.
· Compiles and submits all accounting-related information in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment of all invoices and requisitions.
· Maintains various files, reports, and logs; i.e., Daily Manpower Report, Inspection Logs, Weekly Labor Reports, Contracts, Correspondence, Submittal/Shop Drawings, Weekly Safety Training Sessions, etc.
· Ensures issuance of all permits and maintains a secure area for permits to be displayed.
· Notifies all agencies and utilities for location of existing underground utilities; records location on Contract Documents for use throughout the Project.
· Establishes the initial boundary survey, control lines and benchmarks; records locations on Contract Documents, and at a permanent location at the job site for use throughout the Project.
· Reviews Subcontracts and Purchase Orders for completeness for the Scope of Work, compliance with Contract Documents, and discusses all inconsistencies with Project Manager.
· Compiles and reviews Submittal/Shop Drawings for coordination with Contract Documents and Subcontractors or Vendors.
· Plans and coordinates all Subcontractors and Vendors for various construction activities; i.e., scheduling, manpower, materials, safety, quality, progress, etc.
· Assists in updating the Project Schedule regularly, documenting status of delays by category; i.e., field, delivery, manpower, strikes, acts of God, etc. Coordinates delivery of materials and Subcontractors to ensure compliance with the Project Schedule.
· Establishes Agenda with Project Manager for weekly or bi-weekly Subcontractor progress meetings and ensure meetings are productive and address Project issues.
· Performs frequent job site walk-throughs to ensure progress and fulfillment of various Company standards; i.e., safety, quality, compliance with Contract Documents, inspections, quality control testing, etc.
· Provides information for a complete, up-to-date set of Contract Documents for office and field use.
· Attends Project Team meetings with Project Manager and stakeholders to ensure communication and discussion of current issues and recognition of potential problems and delays.
· Assists in the preparation of Change Proposals to Owners and ensures adequate coverage for all direct costs, equipment, and time-related work activities.
· Compiles time and material expenditures for Change Orders and Subcontractor Charge Backs.
· Schedules completion of final punch list and advises Project Manager of any delays or difficulties.
· Ensures all inspections, and procures Certificate of Occupancy. Conducts walk through with Owner and/or Architect and assists in the preparation of final punchlist. Assists in the establishment of the final Project walk through and final acceptance dates with the Owner and/or Architect.
· Continues the pursuit of professional development through course work, seminars and continuing education to increase effectiveness at the current level and to enhance the skills and knowledge needed for career advancement and increased responsibility.
Financial Accountabilities: Assists in the formulation of Project specific financial plans and confers with the Project Manager when revisions are needed due to changes in the Project activities. Makes daily financial decisions based on Project specific financial plans, moral, ethical, and rational accountability, to promote the long-term value, growth, and financial welfare of construction company.
Individual Interface: Interfaces with internal and external stakeholders of the Project and Company. Acts professionally, uses good judgment and diplomacy at all times. Projects an awareness of all current activity of the Project and a willingness to assist whenever possible.
Managerial Responsibilities: Leads and guides other Project Team members; i.e., Subcontractors, Foremen, Carpenters, Laborers, etc. Plans and coordinates the staffing requirements for the Project with the Project Team. Works with the Project Manager as necessary to ensure a balanced management approach for the Project.
Decision Making: Interprets an extensive variety of technical data in written, mathematical or diagrammatic form, and deals with abstract and/or concrete variables. Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws preliminary conclusions with final decisions having minimal input from the Project Team.
Education/Experience: Secondary education and two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Good command of oral and written English language skills and the capability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to read and interpret various construction related documents; i.e., Blueprints, Bid Comparisons, Shop Drawings, Shop Drawing Logs, Owner and Subcontractor Contracts and Change Orders, Invoices, Requisitions, OSHA Regulations, Safety Rules, Operating and Maintenance Instructions, and Project Administration Manual.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid State of Florida driver’s license.
Physical Demands of Position: Capable of traversing over construction-type terrain when under development; moving through the construction site and the materials in place for use on the site; climbing ladders and temporary stairways; conducting visual inspections of quality of construction and materials being used in construction, and performing general carpentry tasks.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|