Construction Field Superintendent Job Description
Responsible for the management and coordination of all site construction activities to successfully complete all projects on schedule, on budget and with the highest quality standards.
Supervises all trade and field personnel, maintains construction safety practices during all site activities, proven problem solver, proactive, able to professionally interface well and treat all clients, staff, consultants, subcontractors and municipality employees with the highest level of dignity and respect. Be a proven leader with great leadership skills in managing all aspects of field construction for all projects.
Construction Field Superintendent Responsibilities:
– Coordinates and supervises all construction activities and understands all phases of residential construction including: bidding, purchasing, subcontract review, change orders, variance purchase orders, timeframes, scheduling and procurement and construction associated with production homes, custom homes and townhomes.
– Directs and manages all contractors and field personnel to complete all projects on schedule, on budget and with the highest quality conforming to the construction documents and specifications.
– Holds all contractors responsible for daily clean up and safe working environments.
– Resolves day to day job site issues.
– Efficiently creates timeline goals/schedules for each project and executes construction schedules as well as problem identification and solutions. Bi-weekly submittal of all working schedules to the Director of Construction is required.
– Able to easily understand and interpret construction documents, specifications and building code requirements.
– Able to grow and maintain positive relationships with customers, staff, contractors, suppliers, consultants, inspectors and municipalities.
– Prepares and updates schedules and supervises all projects through construction, final punch list and follows up timely with warranty items with new homeowners.
– Assist with procurement activities and schedules all necessary inspections throughout the production custom home building process for each project.
– Promotes job site safety, uses safe work practices, immediately rectifies jobsite hazards and maintains clean, safe and organized job sites.
– Enforces all company safety policies, OSHA requirements and all applicable laws for all employees/staff and contractors on job sites.
– Works closely with the Estimating Department and will report directly to the Director of Construction.
– Ensure all selected items and upgrades are implemented for homeowner’s approval and ensure all contract obligations are fulfilled.
– Ensures all materials are ordered to meet project schedules.
– Fully accountable for each projects’ quality standards.
– Daily inspections of all contractors work and inspect all completed work before contractors are paid.
– Be aware of ever changing building codes and OSHA requirements.
– Negotiate variance costs as required to complete the work.
– Perform checklists, reports and punch list audits, maintain onsite copies for trade reference to discourage cost variances.
– Monitors budget to ensure there are no cost overruns using value engineering when possible.
– Represent the company in a positive, competent and professional manner at all times with everyone.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|