|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction Project Superintendent-Concrete Forming (Pompano Beach, FL)
The Project Superintendent will possess the knowledge, skill, and/or ability in the following areas essential to perform the functions of the position.
- 8 to 10 years related experience and/or training in a concrete form company
- Mid Rise-high rise experience
- OSHA 30, CPR & First AID Certified
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and technical documents, cost reports, legal and regulatory documents and plans, drawings, and specifications.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
- Understanding and working knowledge of contracts, specifications, drawings, and scope of work.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to effectively present information to managers, clients, customers, and co-workers.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledgeable of all phases of concrete construction, as well as all related construction.
- Must be able to physically maneuver around on job sites doing such things as climbing ladders and working from elevations as high as 1000 feet.
- Exerts physical effort, handling average weight objects up to 100 pounds.
The Project Superintendent will possess competency in the following areas in order to perform his/her role in a safe, productive, and effective manner. Note that the areas listed are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by co-workers assigned to this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
- Makes recommendations for recruiting and selection of co-workers.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work and evaluates role performance.
- Coaches and mentors co-workers. (addresses complaints and resolves problems)
- Ensures compliance with The Company policies, local, state and federal labor laws, and labor agreements where applicable.
- Adheres and performs to the Job Management Process to assist in pre-construction services and management.
- Leads in the transition, start-up, close-out and post review.
- Verifies all utilities on the location of underground and overhead utility lines.
- Supervises site layout and the survey, points, and benchmarks.
- Expedites all site requirements – subcontractors, material, construction equipment and labor.
- Coordinates and controls the performance and completion of the work of subcontractors.
- Develops, implements and manages quality control.
- Coordinates with building authorities and regulatory agencies.
- Meets with site staff and foreman daily to plan production, review schedules, materials, manpower needs, pre-and-post-pour checklists, and safety requirements.
- Monitors cost control and job costing, quantity reporting, forecasting and productivity.
- Prepares and distributes three-week projected schedule.
- Understands, evaluates, and forecasts schedule performance, including such factors as weather, productivity, design changes, and other’s work.
- -Maintains accurate tool and equipment inventory, including The Company and rental equipment.
- Establishes tone and sets example for Safety First attitude by ensuring that safety rules are followed, and that corrective action is taken when rules are broken.
- Assumes responsibility for completion of Safety Task Analysis and Toolbox Talks.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|