|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Construction SuperintendentJob Summary:
The Construction Superintendent will oversee all phases of a construction project.
- Interviews and hires site workers.
- Approves timecards and requests for time off.
- Prepares work schedules and assignments.
- Communicates and enforces safety procedures and site rules.
Construction Superintendent Duties/Responsibilities:
- Develops a schedule and cost-effective plan for completion of an assigned project.
- Collaborates with other staff to create preconstruction estimates and budgets for materials and labor.
- Coordinates and schedules the work activities of tradespeople, professionals, and laborers, communicating to and via project foreperson to deliver instructions and project assignments as appropriate.
- Regularly inspects work for quality and timeliness; prepares and provides progress reports to owners and architects; makes recommendations for necessary modifications.
- Collaborates with architect, engineer, attorney, and other pertinent stakeholders to ensure specifications, zoning requirements, and other regulations are met.
- Ensures specifications and regulations outlined in architectural and engineering plans are followed.
- Obtains required permits and licenses; executes construction contracts according to terms of agreement.
- Monitors budget throughout the project and communicates variances as they occur.
- Maintains records related to costs and inventory.
- Addresses any safety violations or other deficiencies.
- Collaborates with union representatives to answer questions and clarify procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Construction Superintendent Required Skills/Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to oversee and coordinate a variety of people in different roles.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Ability to read, understand, and execute blueprints, drawings, and plans.
- Thorough understanding of legal requirements relating to construction and building sites.
- Thorough understanding of quality building practices.
- Ability to quickly identify problems and efficiently solve them.
Construction Superintendent Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Science, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field required.
Construction Superintendent Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the construction site in all types of weather.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|