|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction Superintendent (Tampa, FL)
The Superintendent will be responsible for maintaining project safety, developing and updating the project schedule, preparing two-week look-ahead schedules, updating project schedules utilizing computerized scheduling software, assisting with the buyout and selection of major subcontractors, coordinating the work of the subcontractors’ field forces, communicating effectively with owners/designers/engineers, and maintaining accurate cost reports.
- Two (2) years extensive construction experience in all facets of the project and an industry related college degree is preferred.
- Experience in safety/preconstruction/staff development & retention/customer interaction.
- Strong engineering and construction management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the owner, architect, and the project team.
- Good time management and project organization skills.
- Knowledgeable of all phases of construction.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and technical documents, cost reports, legal and regulatory documents and plans, drawings, and specifications.
- Ability to effectively present information to managers, clients, customers, and co-workers.
- Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to exert physical effort, handling average weight objects up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to develop construction schedule via the critical path method.
- Provides the overall direction and coordination of work assignments, and evaluates the performance of the assigned workforce.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Provides input on operations matters such as determining what type of materials should be used on site and when they should be delivered and resolving field installations issues.
- Reviews jobsites for potentially unsafe conditions, and determine appropriate corrective action.
- Ensures quality control is maintained and safety programs are utilized so that co-workers are provided a safe and substance-free work site.
- Monitors cost controls and job costing, quantity reporting, forecasting and productivity for all job sites.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and adherence to construction schedules.
- Assumes responsibility for enforcement of proper procedures related to work site accidents.
- CPR and First Aid Certification a plus.
- 30 hour OSHA a plus.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|