|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction Superintendent (Charleston, SC)
The Superintendent plans, directs, and coordinates all project-related field activities and works with the Project Manager as necessary to complete all assigned projects on time and within budget parameters, and in accordance with our client’s specific needs and concerns. They communicate openly and honestly while working diligently toward building long-lasting, non-adversarial, relationships with all internal and external customers. In addition, he or she consistently works toward developing a spirit of cooperation and mutual respect with all project stakeholders by adhering to the company’s Mission Statement and Guiding Principles.
The current critical tasks of this position are described below; however, they may be subject to change at any time to facilitate departmental growth or to provide career advancement opportunities.
- Maintains a clean and safe Project site in accordance with Project Administration Manual and Company Safety Program.
- Compiles and submits all accounting-related information in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment of all invoices and requisitions.
- Ensures issuance of all permits and maintains a secure area for permits to be displayed.
- Reviews Subcontracts and Purchase Orders for completeness for the Scope of Work, compliance with Contract Documents, and discusses all inconsistencies with Project Manager.
- Plans and coordinates all Subcontractors and Vendors for various construction activities; i.e., scheduling, manpower, materials, safety, quality, progress, etc.
- Assists in updating the Project Schedule regularly, documenting status of delays by category and coordinates delivery of materials and Subcontractors to ensure compliance with the Project Schedule.
- Schedules completion of final punch list and advises Project Manager of any delays or difficulties.
- Secondary education and two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good command of oral and written English language skills and the capability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret various construction-related documents; i.e., Blueprints, Bid Comparisons, Shop Drawings, Shop Drawing Logs, Owner and Subcontractor Contracts and Change Orders, etc.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|