|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction Service Manager (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
The Service Manager serves as supervisor for the entire service department and will be responsible for all installation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units and associated air handling. The Service Manager provides leadership, coordination, support, schedules and oversight of the Service/ Maintenance Departments.
As a Manager, this individual will exercise responsibility for developing and managing Department operations that increase revenue, profitability, employee and customer satisfaction.
Service Manager plans individual jobs and long-term work operations, develops a preventive maintenance program, and controls the quality of repair work. Responsibilities also include team schedule, reviewing plans and specifications for contracted work, and reviewing the work of outside contractors.
Key responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Service Manager will develop and help facilitate the service department. Roles include:
- Receives oral or written work requests and sets priorities
- Assigns personnel to jobs
- Reviews all work orders before and after completion
- Maintains budget, records and files, and prepares reports
- Conducts a quality check of work in progress or upon completion to assure acceptability
- Reviews the work of contractors for adherence to plans and specifications and for quality assurance
- Informs staff in the proper use of tools, and proper work procedures
- Keeps records of work orders, inventory and expenditures
- Estimates and orders needed equipment and supplies
- Determines the correct maintenance schedule
- Provide technical assistance to mechanics when requested
- Recommends persons to be hired, disciplined, discharged, or promoted
- Performs other duties/special assignments as required or to meet the ongoing needs of the department
- At least five (5) years of construction experience and construction related Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Sales and customer service preferably in HVAC industry, management and scheduling of crews, cost control and budgeting.
- Basic computer and people skills, HVAC knowledge, able to organize and perform variety of tasks in timely manner.
- Understand complex mathematics and be detail oriented. Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to perform calculations necessary to produce or interpret budgets, budget forecasts, discounts, percentages, costs per square foot, and other basic algebraic functions. Ability to create basic formulas for spreadsheet applications. Proficiency with Excel essential.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm matter.
- Must be able to make decisions and judgments based on situational analysis.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|