|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction Scheduler (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
The ideal candidate will preferably have 8 to 10 years of commercial construction scheduling experience. Proficiency in P6, Excel, Microsoft Project, Access, Procore, and familiarity with the concepts of Lean Scheduling and its interface into traditional CPM schedule is preferred. A construction or Engineering degree or equivalent work experience, along with proven experience in creating and managing schedules with 2,500 activities or more, is required.
Specific responsibilities include: Key role in the management of scheduling and associated reporting for the project(s). Development, maintenance, and execution of schedules for projects. Preparation and issuance of schedules, schedule reports/narratives, problem analysis reports, schedule impact fragments, variance reports, and milestone reports. Strong understanding of the project’s scope leading to the development and maintenance of the project schedule objectives.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with minimal supervision; have outstanding communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and time management skills; and coordinate the development and ongoing management of all aspects of the schedule with project supervision, owners, and subcontractors/vendors. The ability to work in a large collaborative team environment and to mentor, train, and assist in the professional development of one or more junior schedulers is desired.
- Proposal and Baseline Schedule Development
- Develop a preliminary project schedule using limited project documents.
- Identify key and long lead items, as well as the primary critical path
- Provide potential schedule alternates
- Identify owner or end-user project milestones which may be imperative for project success
- Work with the design team to determine durations and sequencing of all design phase activities
- Review the site logistics with the project manager and superintendent. Identify and schedule key logistical considerations such as site utilities, working hour restrictions, site access, staging area restrictions, and weather.
- Work with trade contractors and vendors to determine shop drawing durations, material lead times, work sequencing, and work item durations.
- Combine all schedule elements into a Master Project Schedule depicting the interrelationships and duration of key project activities, including Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction document development, if applicable.
- Applications and approvals for governing authorities
- Schedule of building commissioning, turnover and occupancy requirements.
- Manpower loading information as required.
- Schedule Updates
- Maintaining, or assisting in the maintenance of the project schedule. Assuring the schedule provides an accurate picture of the current status of work and work remaining for the project.
- Provide a basis for identifying variances and problems.
- Provide a management tool necessary for planning for recovery and alternate schedule options.
- Ability to perform a comparison of planned activities versus actual work completed.
- Participate in project presentations to teams, Owners and other groups.
- Ability to work on multiple projects or tasks, have good time management skills
- Ability to maximize the use of current software, look for opportunities to innovate
- Work independently, self-motivated, collaborative, assertive
- Ability to interact with all members of project team: subcontractors, field staff, client, etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in writing/graphically.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|