We specialize in vertical building for General Contractors, Construction Management, Developer Builders and Specialty contractors.
All levels – entry to CEO including experienced Administrative and Accounting
If you do not fall in this category, please do not apply.
Construction Project Superintendent-Concrete Forming Job Description
The Project Superintendent will possess the knowledge, skill, and/or ability in the following areas essential to perform the functions of the position.
Construction Project Superintendent- Concrete Forming Education and/or Experience:
· 8 to 10 years related experience and/or training in a concrete form company
· Mid Rise-high rise experience
· OSHA 30, CPR & First AID Certified
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and technical documents, cost reports, legal and regulatory documents and plans, drawings, and specifications.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
· Understanding and working knowledge of contracts, specifications, drawings, and scope of work.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
· Ability to effectively present information to managers, clients, customers, and co-workers.
· Good presentation skills.
· Good listening skills.
· Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Knowledgeable of all phases of concrete construction, as well as all related construction.
· While performing the duties of this role: regularly required to talk or hear.
· Frequently required to stand and use hands.
· Occasionally required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
· Must be able to physically maneuver around on job sites doing such things as climbing ladders and working from elevations as high as 1000 feet.
· Exerts physical effort, handling average weight objects up to 100 pounds.
· Work involves exposure to outside weather conditions and dirt, dust, fumes, and/or loud noise levels.
Construction Project Superintendent-Concrete Forming Duties & Responsibilities:
The Project Superintendent will possess competency in the following areas in order to perform his/her role in a safe, productive, and effective manner. Note that the areas listed are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by co-workers assigned to this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
· Makes recommendations for recruiting and selection of co-workers.
· Plans, assigns, and directs work.
· Evaluates role performance.
· Coaches and mentors co-workers.
· Recommends rewards and discipline for co-workers.
· Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
· Ensures compliance with The Company policies, local, state and federal labor laws, and labor agreements where applicable.
· Adheres and performs to the Job Management Process to assist in pre-construction services and management.
· Leads in the transition, start-up, close-out and post review.
· Understands and adheres to specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of the project.
· Verifies all utilities on the location of underground and overhead utility lines.
· Arranges for temporary and permanent site services required.
· Supervises site layout and the survey, points, and benchmarks.
· Expedites all site requirements – subcontractors, material, construction equipment and labor.
· Coordinates and controls the performance and completion of the work of subcontractors.
· Develops, implements and manages quality control.
· Provides safe work environment by managing safety programs (including Safety and Accident Prevention Program), observing safety and security procedures and reporting potentially unsafe conditions. Determines appropriate corrective action when necessary.
· Implements and enforces BCCI substance abuse policy.
· Implements and enforces environment programs (OSHA, EPA, Police Dept., etc.)
· Coordinates with building authorities and regulatory agencies.
· Oversees proper use of equipment and materials.
· Meets with site staff and foreman daily to plan production, review schedules, materials, manpower needs, pre-and-post-pour checklists, and safety requirements.
· Monitors cost control and job costing, quantity reporting, forecasting and productivity.
· Understands and utilizes current reports and systems available.
· Monitors performances and productivity, responding to needs for improvement.
· Prepares and distributes three-week projected schedule.
· Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and adherence to construction schedules.
· Understands, evaluates, and forecasts schedule performance, including such factors as weather, productivity, design changes, and other’s work.
· Maintains accurate tool and equipment inventory, including The Company and rental equipment.
· Establishes and maintains appropriate security for equipment.
· Ensures high levels of productivity and high levels of quality & safety.
· Establishes tone and sets example for Safety First attitude by ensuring that safety rules are followed, and that corrective action is taken when rules are broken.
· Assumes responsibility for completion of Safety Task Analysis and Toolbox Talks.
· Assumes responsibility for enforcement of proper procedures related to work site accidents.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|