|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction Project Manager (Miami, FL)
Principal company representative, responsible for the administrative and technical management of the project. Supervises all activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, and schedule. Has broad authority to act for the company, including committing the company on cost and schedule matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of applicable experience, including at least two projects at the Project Engineer level. Applicable experience with computer-based scheduling and cost control.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage professional staff and events; history of good judgement, sound business, and technical decisions.
- Able to walk uneven terrain, climb ladders, and operate a motor vehicle.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, specifications, and other contract documents.
- Substitute for the Project Executive in administrative matters when he/she is not available. Maintain a mutually beneficial working relationship with owner, subs, and suppliers.
- Knowledge of current issues with which Project Exec. is involved. Understand his/her position on those matters.
- Have thorough knowledge of the company’s contract with the owner, and each contract or purchase order with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Prepare and submit pay requisition, develop schedule of values, structure pay requests, and submit requests on time. Make projections on the financial status of the project.
- Know contract, scope, and other contract documents.
- Assure all materials and installed items are on site in accordance with the project schedule and the sequence of work.
- Prepare and negotiate change orders, with the owner and with subcontractors. Have thorough knowledge of prime contract and all the applicable subcontracts.
- Provide general administrative and technical leadership for the project. Maintain all project records to support ongoing project activity and to facilitate close out.
- Verify insurance coverage for subs/suppliers, and assure compliance with all local codes and regulations.
- Schedule and/or facilitate the various project meetings required to successfully coordinate work activity. Have thorough knowledge of all major project issues and priorities.
- Train/develop subordinates and determine specific growth opportunities for subordinate(s); take an active role in developing training/development activities to address those needs.
- Supervise close out of the project. Send all files to appropriate storage. Deliver all required documents to the owner. Prepare the final pay requisition and final sub payment.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|