|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction Project Manager – Concrete Forming (Pompano Beach, FL)
The Project Manager will possess the knowledge, skill, and/or ability in the following areas essential to perform the functions of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Multi-family mid-high rise experience
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to evaluate strengths & weaknesses of fellow co-workers and mesh them together to create a successful project team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, craftsmen and customers.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, geometry, trigonometry and interpolation to practical situations.
- Ability to direct work and evaluate strengths & weaknesses of co-workers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to define problems, gather data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Must be able to work in office environment using computer equipment.
- Must be able to visit job sites and visually assess progress.
- Requires ability to maneuver in and out of job site trailers and various stages of job site terrains.
- Work is primarily in an office environment, but also involves exposure to outside weather and all jobsite conditions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Project Manager will possess competency in the areas listed below in order to perform his/her role in a safe, productive, and effective manner. Note that the areas listed are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by co-workers assigned to this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
- Works with Estimators to secure projects by providing information related to equipment, manpower, etc.
- In cooperation with the estimators, analyzes the job market in relation to company capabilities
- Assumes responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the work area.
- Examines Scope of Work and reviews bid drawings and project specifications to fully understand the customer’s expectations and project requirements.
- Develops a detailed plan of material and equipment needs and their acquisition.
- Develops a detailed schedule to support the construction process.
- Determines material submittals required for project and prepares and submits in a timely process.
- Develops a budget for each project which facilitates cost tracking and accounting.
- Schedules and leads pre-construction meetings with the Project Superintendent, General Contractor, Independent laboratory representative, Ready Mix supplier, and appropriate sub-contractors.
- Maintains, revises, and updates job project schedules and prepares and distributes short-term “look-ahead” schedules.
- Prepares, submits, and secures approval of project billings and tracks to assure that invoiced amounts are collected when due.
- Serves as primary contact with customers, participating in weekly job progress meetings, monitoring customer satisfaction, and intervening, if needed, to address problems that may impact customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates and controls the performance and completion of the work of subcontractors.
- Reviews detailed schedules and plans with Operations Manager and Superintendent.
- Processes project submittals required beyond the project start-up phase.
- Recommends and/or rewards and disciplines co-workers.
- Ensures compliance with local labor laws and labor agreements where applicable.
- Requests retention reductions of 50% when job is 50% completed. Requests final retentions within 60 days of completion of The Company’s work OR if PE is on job, delegates above duties and ensures completion.
- Prices and submits change orders within 60 days, gets approvals within 60 days of submittals, and logs all change order information accurately and timely into The Company’s PMW Change Order Log OR if PE is on job, delegates above duties and ensures completion.
- Completes billing breakdown and submits monthly billings; avoids under billings; assists A/R with timely collections OR if PE is on job, delegates above duties and ensures completion.
- Assists A/R with collection of closeout documents and submits them within 60 days of completion of the Company’s work to ensure final payment OR if PE is on job, delegates above duties and ensures completion.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|