We specialize in vertical building for General Contractors, Construction Management, Developer Builders and Specialty contractors.
All levels – entry to CEO including experienced Administrative and Accounting
If you do not fall in this category, please do not apply.
Construction Project Engineer- Concrete Forming Job Description
The Project Engineer will possess the knowledge, skill, and/or ability in the following areas essential to perform the functions of the position.
Construction Project Engineer- Concrete Forming Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, technical procedures, and government regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Good Listening Skills.
· Ability to direct work and evaluate strengths & weaknesses of co-workers.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Ability to define problems, gather data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Must be able to work in office environment using computer equipment.
· Must be able to visit job sites and visually assess progress.
· Occasionally required to assist laborers in the field.
· Work is primarily in an office environment but involves exposure to outside weather and jobsite conditions.
Construction Project Engineer- Concrete Forming Duties & Responsibilities:
The Project Engineer will possess competency in the following areas in order to perform his/her role in a safe, productive, and effective manner. Note that the areas listed are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by co-workers assigned to this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
· Assists in the estimating and purchasing efforts of various bid packages and baseline construction schedules.
· Assists in subcontract administration – defining scope of work, answering inquiries, monitoring progress, and tracking and processing back charges.
· Establishes and maintains all project engineering files relating to subcontract and bid package records, plans, specifications, changes, clarifications, and as-built documents and submittals.
· Assists Project Manager with the closeout process – documentation, deficiencies, warranties, maintenance, and final payments.
· Oversees change order management – is responsible for set-up, issuing documentation, estimating, and change administration.
· Establishes, tracks, and maintains submittals, shop drawings, and samples to include coordination, approval, distribution, etc.
· Coordinates and reviews drawings, submissions, specifications, any changes and document control.
· Acts as a liaison with owner, client, consultant, building inspector, city manager and other public personnel.
· Conveys General Contractor’s/Owner’s needs and schedule to field supervision.
· Assists with the preparation and maintenance of the project schedule and costing system.
· Monitors job cost to-date through to completion.
· Monitors and assists in the implementation of the quality control, safety and environmental programs.
· Assists Project Manager with monthly financial reports to include monitoring and tracking of costs.
· Assists Project Manager with Schedule of Values.
· Is responsible for material procurement and expediting.
· Controls inventory including monitoring and tracking of equipment and resources.
· Provides administrative support as necessary.
· Assists in the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the work area.
· Plans, assigns and directs work.
· Assists PM with role performance appraisals.
· Coaches and mentors co-workers.
· Rewards and disciplines co-workers.
· Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
· Ensures compliance with The Company’s policies, local labor laws and labor agreements where applicable.
· Reviews all timecards.
· Initiates coordination with Scheduling Department when appropriate.
· Assists in doing a 3-week look ahead schedule.
· Requests retention reductions of 50% when job is 50% completed. Requests final retentions within 60 days of completion of The Company’s work.
· Prices and submits change orders within 60 days, gets approvals within 60 days of submittals, and logs all change order information accurately and timely into The Company’s PMW Change Order Log.
· Completes billing breakdown and submits monthly billings; avoids under billings; assists A/R with timely collections.
· Assists A/R with collection of closeout documents and submits them within 60 days of completion of The Company work to ensure final payment.
· Sets example by following safety guidelines including but not limited to wearing PPE on jobs, staying aware of surroundings, etc.
· Attends and participates in Toolbox Talks and provides input for Safety Task Analysis.
· Complies with proper safety procedures.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|