|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction Project Accountant (Jupiter, FL)
The Construction Project Accountant’s role will be to manage and coordinate all project and/or service accounting functions. Provide support to the Business Unit leaders, Project Managers, Cost Accounting Managers, and other team members as required or needed. Work closely with clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent. College education is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, E-Mail required.
- Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and excellent knowledge of spelling and grammar.
- The ability to be diplomatic and tactful in relationships with a variety of internal and external associates, clients, and customers.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and to work with little supervision
- The ability to consistently produce accurate and timely work and to exhibit a high degree of attention to detail.
- The flexibility to meet required deadlines with short notice.
- Timberline software experience is a plus.
- Experience with Accounts Payable, Job Cost, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Contracts, and General Ledger.
- Proficient typing and 10-key calculator skills.
- Working knowledge of Florida Lien Laws and related documents, including: Notices to Owner, Statements of Account, Releases/Satisfactions/Claims of Lien.
- Familiarity with AIA Contract and Application for Payment documents.
- Perform Project/Construction Cost Accounting, draw preparation, billing, and accounts payable
- Process AIA invoices, summarize contract amounts, and submit for Project Manager approval.
- Analyze subcontractor billings to ensure they are in conformance with the subcontract scope, terms, and conditions.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements and percent complete calculations.
- Perform detailed general ledger/sub-ledger account reconciliations.
- Provide administrative support to the Project Manager and the construction field staff
- Maintain project files and Excel spreadsheets
- Various administrative duties– such as: typing, filing, copying, composing letters, setting up files, etc.
- Verify subcontractors’ insurance coverage (limits, expiration date, additional insured, etc.) before releasing checks.
- Contact subcontractors about expired/invalid insurance certificates.
- Verify that subcontractors have provided all sub-trade and material-men lien waivers before releasing subcontractors’ checks.
- Process expense reimbursement invoices for approval.
- Contact subcontractors about missing/invalid lien waivers.
- File approved invoices.
- Record Notices to Owner in Excel worksheet
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|