We specialize in vertical building for General Contractors, Construction Management, Developer Builders and Specialty contractors.
All levels – entry to CEO including experienced Administrative and Accounting
If you do not fall in this category, please do not apply.
Construction Project Accountant Job Function:
The Construction Project Accountant role will be to manage and coordinate all project and/or service accounting functions. Provide support to the Business Unit leaders, Project Managers, Cost Accounting Manager and other team members as required or needed. Work closely with clients, vendors and subcontractors.
Construction Project Accountant Required Skills:
– Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent. College education preferred. The position requires the ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English, and the ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, E-Mail required. Timberline software and construction draw processing experience – preferred.
– Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize work load.
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Excellent knowledge of spelling and grammar.
– The ability to be diplomatic and tactful in relationships with a variety of internal and external associates, clients, and customers.
– The ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
– The ability to work with little supervision.
– The ability to consistently produce accurate and timely work and to exhibit a high degree of attention to detail.
– A professional appearance and demeanor.
– The flexibility to meet required deadlines with short notice.
– Intermediate to advanced Word, Excel and Outlook software skills.
– Experience with Construction Draw processing.
– Timberline software experience preferred.
– Experience with Accounts Payable, Job Cost, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Contracts, and General Ledger.
– Proficient typing and 10-key calculator skills.
– Working knowledge of Florida Lien Laws and related documents, including: Notices to Owner, Statements of Account, Releases/Satisfactions/Claims of Lien.
Construction Project Accountant Job Description:
– Perform Project/Construction Cost Accounting, draw preparation, billing and accounts payable
– Match vendor invoices with backup.
– Process AIA invoices, summarize contract amounts, and submit for Project Manager approval.
– Analyze subcontractor billings to ensure they are in conformance with the subcontract scope, terms and conditions.
– Ensure all necessary construction lien law related and proof of insurance documentation is obtained from subcontractors and sub-tier suppliers.
– Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements and percent complete calculations.
– Perform detailed general ledger/sub-ledger account reconciliations.
– Provide administrative support to the Project Manager and the construction field staff including typing, copying and mailing packages.
– Maintain project files. This activity includes both paper and electronic records.
– Maintain Excel spreadsheets
– Enter received lien waivers into Timberline
– Enter accounts payable invoices into Timberline
– Various administrative duties– such as: typing, filing, copying, composing letters, setting up files, etc.
– Verify subcontractors’ insurance coverage (limits, expiration date, additional insured, etc.) before releasing checks.
– Contact subcontractors about expired/invalid insurance certificates.
– Verify that subcontractors have provided all sub-trade and material-men lien waivers before releasing subcontractors’ checks.
– Process expense reimbursement invoices for approval.
– Contact subcontractors about missing/invalid lien waivers.
– File approved invoices.
– Record Notices to Owner in Excel worksheet
– Assist with check runs.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|