Project Accountant – Developer Builder- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Responsible reporting to the Corporate Controller with preparation of financial statements and management information for assigned projects/entities. Primarily responsible for the accounting over construction projects including management of loan draw budgets, assigning bills to specific categories and assembling the monthly draw packages.
Handles all accounting matters relating to specific assigned properties and projects including bank accounts, accounts receivable/payable, monthly financial statements preparation and computer operations. Acts as a liaison between the accounting department and the development/construction division, resolving problems and answering questions as it relates to job cost.
Essential duties and responsibilities:.
• Prepares monthly construction draws, job cost reports and reconciliations and any assignments related to development and construction involving accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, banking or reporting.
• Provides data, reports and information necessary for loan draws and closings.
• Perform general contractor and subcontractor compliance – collect lien waivers and maintain waiver-tracking logs, collect insurance certificates and update insurance certificates file.
• Anticipates and projects cash flow of individual projects and informs management of upcoming cash needs in a timely manner.
• Maintain construction and accounting files (electronic and hard copies).
• Assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end tax/1099 reporting and annual audits as deemed necessary or assigned.
• Perform additional assignments and support as deemed necessary by Controller
Knowledge and critical skills:.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
• At least five years of accounting experience, in real estate construction/development.
• Experience with Quickbooks and Procore software
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills, create spreadsheets, formulas, formatting, etc.
• Strong ability to work under pressure and independently.
• Strong attention to detail and prioritization skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
• Works in office setting making jobsite visits 1-2 times a week and occasional work from jobsite trailer/office.
• Works under minimal supervision.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|