|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction Junior Estimator (West Palm Beach, FL)
Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
Construction Junior Estimator Job Requirements:
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Construction or engineering from an accredited university or appropriate technical training
- Preferred: Estimating experience in some capacity or experience in luxury residential construction.
- Must possess an understanding of how jobs will go together functionally and envision the work to be performed and the difficulty involved when preparing an estimate. Needs excellent skills in dealing with suppliers, contractors and fellow employees
- Must be able to do routine arithmetic calculations required for estimating and job costing control reports.
- Must be computer literate with the ability to utilize appropriate software programs.
- Must have appreciation of the workings of all equipment required in residential construction work.
- Must be able to visualize from blueprints, or drawings, the finished product for take-off requirements
Construction Junior Estimator Job Description:
- Gather all information pertinent to the work that he needs to bid by: site visits, meeting with client, drawings, specifications, addendums, governing agencies, pictures.
- Prepare the invitation to bid for the project and a complete quantity take off of the project with the Estimator.
- Generate a “Request for Information” (RFI) to the client. Maintain log for all RFIs.
- Prepare preliminary schedules.
- Prepare conceptual, detailed, in-house and RS Means estimates.
- Must be able to identify areas where savings can be obtained and provide Value Engineering (VE) options to the clients with pricing.
- Meet with Operations to deliver and explain all documents or information, of any relevance, that were received, created and developed during the bid process.
- Attend and represent company at different showcases that his manager requires him to attend.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|