|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction Glazing Engineer (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
The Glazing Engineer will be reporting to the Director of Engineering and Design.
- Stay up with codes and revisions relative to the glazing industry – Keep our teams informed and products updated and compliance.
- Oversee and manage Company product approvals and updates – Coordinate with outsourced engineering firms as required.
- Oversee upgrade testing and/or testing for new product approvals – Coordinate with outsourced engineering firms as required.
- Prepare and provide applicable envelope wind loads for projects we are bidding and/or designing.
- Coordinate and oversee with Quality control validator.
- Assist and coordinate with sales or project development with design of new systems and testing.
- Assist with teams on theoretical new systems and designs for future or design projects.
- Assist PM’s and drafting teams in development of shop drawings on awarded projects and coordinate the submission and engineering by outsourced engineers.
- Assist PM’s in addressing field issues or changes with ongoing projects
- Assist Shop with fabrication and transportation challenges as needed
- Review the structural design elements of Company structurally glazed systems (structural anchors, frames, connections and glazing).
- Research and development of new and implementation of existing Company systems
- Review shop drawings for compliance with code, product approvals.
- Work with a team of CAD designers and review their work for compliance with drafting standards
- Work in collaboration with a team of designers and draftspersons.
- Reviews calculations to ensure structural strength and include as part of the bid submission process.
- Analysis of results. (Testing, submittals, consultant reports)
- Assist the Designers with structural questions and various other related tasks.
- Maintain In house QAQC program.
- Direct the testing and prototyping activities
- Code and county project specific testing
- Project Management of product design projects guided by and Advanced Quality Planning Process.
Skills & Requirements:
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of curtainwall, building envelope systems and doors and windows.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree required, (Structural/Civil/Mechanical/Industrial engineering preferred)
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel), Autocad, Inventor
- Must be able to review engineering plans and specifications.
- Must enjoy working as a part of a team.
- Must have a strong initiative, be resourceful and respect deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|