|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction General Superintendent (Miami, FL)
The primary role of the general construction superintendent is to oversee all phases of a construction project from initial planning to completion. Construction superintendent’s interview and select workers for the site. They are typically responsible for communicating site rules regarding safety procedures to new hires and enforcing those rules. On a large job site, construction superintendents typically supervise foremen, who in turn supervise the workers. On smaller sites, the superintendent may be the manager who instructs the workers directly. General construction superintendents are typically involved in pre-construction estimates and budgets. The construction superintendent must coordinate the activities of a variety of tradespeople, professionals and laborers.
- Manage and train office staff/department personnel
- Accurately create, organize, and maintain files (understand accounting and financial reports)
- Maintain EEOC compliance
- Manage vacation schedules and reporting
- Visualize, analyze, and communicate project scope of work
- Coordinate cost/means and methods with owner (or GC if you are subcontractor) and design professional
- Maintain/create subcontractor/vendor bid list
- Distribute and manage bid plans and documents
- Communicate with subs – prepare RFP/RFI
- Perform site safety visits and prepare compliance reports
- Coordinate subcontractor/vendor site activities for schedule compliance
- Develop and maintain vendor list
- Develop final scope of work for bidders/vendors
- Purchase construction materials and expedite deliveries to parallel construction schedule
- Purchase/lease construction equipment
- Evaluate and manage project budget during construction
- Schedule and maintain field inspection logs and jobsite/subcontractor/owner meetings (or GC if you’re a subcontractor)
- 10+ years of experience as a Superintendent in Luxury Commercial and/or residential construction
- Experience in safety/preconstruction/staff development & retention/customer interaction.
- Strong engineering and construction management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the owner, architect, and the project team.
- Good time management and project organization skills.
- Knowledgeable of all phases of construction.
- Basic understanding of computers and computer systems
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|