|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction Estimator / Project Coordinator (West Palm Beach, FL)
The Construction Estimator / Project Coordinator provides Administrative Assistance to Project Managers, Project Engineers and Project Team, whilst also preparing work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Job Set-up: Per the Procedures Manual, set up the Project Manager’s Binder, Central Files, Permit Log Binder and Superintendent Files.
- Filing: Maintain files throughout the project.
- Assist the PM with writing contracts and purchase orders.
- Input Meeting Minutes into PROLOG when necessary and attend meetings as required.
- Job closeout: Prepare closeout documents.
- Distribute product literature and shop drawings with transmittals to Architects & Subcontractors as directed by the Project Manager.
- Prepare invitations to bid for the project and a complete quantity take-off of the project.
- Generate a “Request for Information” (RFI) to the client. Maintain log for all RFIs.
- Prepare preliminary schedules and conceptual, detailed, in-house and RS Means estimates.
- Must identify areas where savings can be obtained and provide Value Engineering (VE) options to the clients with pricing.
- Meet with Operations to deliver and explain all documents or information, of any relevance, that were received, created and developed during the bid process.
- Attend and represent company at different showcases that his manager requires him to attend.
- 5-10 years of estimating experience in the residential construction industry.
- Proficient in basic administrative functions and skilled in the use of office equipment and computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Prolog and SureTrak.
- Must possess an understanding of how jobs will go together functionally and envision the work to be performed and the difficulty involved when preparing an estimate. Needs excellent skills in dealing with suppliers, contractors and fellow employees
- Must be able to visualize from blueprints, or drawings, the finished product for take-off requirements
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks/projects with little supervision.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience desired.
- Must be a self-starter and flexible team player.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|