We specialize in vertical building for General Contractors, Construction Management, Developer Builders and Specialty contractors.
All levels – entry to CEO including experienced Administrative and Accounting
If you do not fall in this category, please do not apply.
The construction estimator prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements. This position directs, plans, and controls activities related to contract, bid, and estimation of the cost of labor and materials for projects, products or services to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and to maximize profits. The qualified candidate will lead a team of estimators to undertake multi-disciplinary estimates. Some travel is required.
Construction Lead Estimator Requirements:
– 4-Year Degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
– Estimating or relevant engineering and field experience of generally 15 or more years of experience.
– Have good visualization skills to understand what the finished product depicted on the drawings will look like when built, and how to build it.
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Good basic mathematical skills.
– Proficient in interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
– Good understanding of engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships.
– Solid technical skills with a thorough knowledge of estimating principals.
– Familiarity with the estimate classifications and the quality of information needed to attain the expected accuracy level.
– Must exemplify high safety, ethical, and professional behaviors.
– Good computer skills including operating knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
– Familiarity with Timberline, P6 and MS Project. On Screen Take-Off strongly preferred.
Construction Estimator Job Description:
– Have demonstrated leadership abilities to coordinate a team of estimators to develop multi-disciplinary estimates.
– Discuss the development of deliverables with the various disciplines to achieve the accuracy required.
– Prepare estimate basis documentation.
– Present completed estimates to senior management and clients.
– Perform independent reviews of work performed by others.
– Identify deficiencies in the drawings and other source information and be able to provide pricing for such deficiencies.
– Understand the need for and be able to write scope clarifications.
– Competent at conceptual and detailed levels of estimating Value Engineering leadership and tracking
– Process Control
– Drives Deadlines and Achieves Results
– Develop quantity-based estimates from partial information (forced quantities).
– Obtain subcontract and vendor pricing and be able to develop budget pricing for subcontractors.
– Be able to develop preliminary schedules and identify critical phases and resources.
– Develop execution plans for the work.
– Able to accurately depict takeoff elements of the work.
– Review standard database items and recommend appropriate changes to be made to reflect field conditions.
– Have sufficient field experience to build field indirect staffing and equipment plans for incorporation into the estimate.
– Develop appropriate Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) to facilitate understanding of the estimate by others and to allow trending.
– Prepare bridging documents demonstrating an understanding of how estimate costs have changed from previous estimates.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|