|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Title: Construction Estimator (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
The primary purpose of this position is to provide qualitative and quantitative takeoff along with assist with cost estimates for construction projects within a specified deadline. To perform this job successfully. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability preferred.
- 2+ years industry experience (Training and Career path to advance provided)
- Worked as an estimator in the Glazing industry
- Ability to live and work in Florida
- Experience in the Florida Glass & Glazing market desirable – preferred but not required
Job Requirement Detail
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Construction or engineering from an accredited university or appropriate technical training- not required
- Two -three years minimum estimating experience/training in the construction industry with an emphasis on glass and glazing for glazing manufacturer/contractor
- Field construction experience and detailed knowledge of building materials and current building codes a plus
- Must possess an understanding of how jobs will go together functionally and envision the work to be performed and the difficulty involved when preparing an estimate. Needs excellent skills in dealing with suppliers, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings.
- Must be able to do routine arithmetic calculations required for estimating and job costing control reports.
- Must be computer literate with the ability to utilize appropriate software programs.
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing well enough to prepare and read reports, give direction or instructions to employees and interact with clients, staff, vendors and peers. Spanish language proficiency a plus.
- Must have appreciation of the workings of all equipment required in commercial and residential construction work.
- Must be able to visualize from blueprints, or drawings, the finished product for take-off requirements
- Work will be done in a climate-controlled office environment and occasional optional job site visits for training and verifying.
- Estimator must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Project, and/or some form of onscreen construction estimating software at a minimum. Experience with Bluebeam, Procore, CAD a plus
Construction Estimator Job Description
- Estimator is required to gather all information pertinent to the work that he needs to bid by: site visits, meeting with client, drawings, specifications, addendums, governing agencies, pictures.
- Analyze blueprints and other documents to prepare detail computerized estimate takeoffs including labor, material and equipment quantities, and costs.
- Estimator is to prepare the invitation to bid for the project.
- Consult with engineers, architects, clients, vendors, personnel in other departments, or construction field management to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Generate a “Request for Information” (RFI) to the client. Maintain log for all RFIs.
- Prepare preliminary schedules and conceptual, detailed, in-house and RS Means estimates.
- Reviewing/researching historical data and compiling summary reports developing guidelines and procedures for future estimates.
- Must be able to identify areas where savings can be obtained and provide Value Engineering (VE) options to the clients th pricing.
- Meet with Sales and Chief Estimator to deliver and explain all documents or information, of any relevance, that were received, created, and developed during the bid process.
- Estimator is to attend and represent company at different showcases that his manager requires him to attend.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|