|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Construction Civil Superintendent
The Construction Civil Superintendent provides on-site supervision and work under the direction of the Project Superintendent. He/ She is responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and supervising the activities of craft employees. Civil Superintendent is responsible for establishing a safe, accident free job site. Manage and supervising of civil contractors, construction field work including earthwork, grading and paving and ability to coordinate building MEP underground with site work.
Construction Civil Superintendent Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that a safe workplace remains the top priority by partnering with the Safety department, Safety committee, Project Superintendent and Project Management to support the companies safety policies/ program, procedures and practices for establishing a safe workplace.
- Control job progress by managing Civil, Subcontractors, solving problems and conflicts, using proper documentation, quality control and safety control techniques on the job.
- Control project costs by weekly evaluation of sub-contractor, labor, material, and equipment costs.
- Oversee field productivity, cost control, quality control and scheduling to ensure accurate and updated construction schedules.
- Work with field and project management to address concerns between civil plans and site plans.
- Take an active part in job start / job close meetings.
- Communicate regularly with Project Superintendent with update job site status. Help troubleshoot and minimize any job challenges
- Communicate and enforce company policies, documents, plans, updates and procedures with field personnel and Subcontractors.
- Provide Leadership through building cooperative relationships, acting systemically, being decisive, taking responsibility.
- Display leadership by being a good role model an always act in a professional manner.
Construction Civil Superintendent Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field desired.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Supervisor / Superintendent / Foreman and 5+ years of hands-on experience in road, site underground and/or earthwork construction.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. (ability to speak Spanish preferred, but not required)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented.
- Good driving record.
- CDL Class A or B preferred, but not required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
- OSHA 10 or 30-hour safety training or relevant field safety experience is preferred.
- General knowledge of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise large groups.
- Competency and experience preferred on the following equipment: wheel loaders, dozers, scrapers, and excavators.
- Understand contractual scope of work.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to express ideas clearly and objectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform according to agreed plans with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge in MS Office, ProCore, AutoCAD and Microsoft Project 2016 preferred.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|