|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Construction Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager Summary:
Business Development Specialist for miscellaneous metals, ornamental & light structural construction subcontractor.
The Business Development Specialist-Construction is responsible for working with the estimating department and operations team to build a growing base of business by identifying, pursuing, and developing relationships with current and potential clients.
Additionally, this role is responsible for the identification and development of sales leads, negotiations, assisting in acquiring new business, and developing proposal materials and presentations in conjunction with ownership.
This Business Development Specialist may be asked to participate in strategic planning, advertising, and public relations.
Business Development Manager Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pursue sales opportunities leading to successful projects while achieving volume and gross profit goals; efforts should be made to “prequalify” clients and their fit with the company before resources are committed to a pursuit.
- Initiate, expand and maintain strong networks and relationships with current and potential clients, designers, commercial real estate individuals and groups, civic groups, and related firms and individuals to generate new and continuing business leads within the construction industry.
- Interact with the design and construction department in developing strategies for the development of construction projects.
- Coordinate with the owner on the maintenance of marketing materials, photography, advertising, public relations, web site, and presentations that reflect the core values, business practices, services, goals, projects, and personnel.
- Participate in external organization committees and/or boards supporting the business development function while raising awareness of the Company within the industry.
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, procedures, and core values.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Business Development Manager Qualifications:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in marketing, construction, and/or business. Academic exposure in public relations, advertising, communications, or journalism would also be helpful.
- Experience: At least seven (7) years of experience in the commercial construction industry is required. Three years of business development experience with an established network in the South Florida area. Experience negotiating projects. Proven management experience is preferred.
- Skills: A qualified candidate will have knowledge of construction practices, strategic orientation, RFP response preparation, team presentation preparation and execution, pricing, estimating; pre-construction. Oral and written communication skills, influencing others, providing a high level of service after the sale, and communicating to a variety of audiences is necessary. Will need to be self-motivated, creative, and take personal enjoyment in the process of deal-making.
- Technology: The candidate should be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Training will be provided on company standards.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|