We specialize in vertical building for General Contractors, Construction Management, Developer Builders and Specialty contractors.
All levels – entry to CEO including experienced Administrative and Accounting
If you do not fall in this category, please do not apply.
Construction Assistant Estimator – Door & Hardware Job Function:
25+ Year old Miami Specialty Contractor conduction national search for an Assistant Estimator specializing in Door and Hardware for large commercial projects, 50 openings or more on average. All types of doors including security, restaurant, metal, etc… Ideal candidate will have experience working with the top 100 general contractors for value engineering and pricing for their projects. Competitive base salary and full benefits including health and 401K.
Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
Construction Assistant Estimator – Door & Hardware Job Requirements:
– Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Construction or engineering from an accredited university or appropriate technical training
– One to Five years estimating experience in commercial construction industry.
– Must know and understand all facets of the public and commercial construction industry.
– Must possess an understanding of how jobs will go together functionally and envision the work to be performed and the difficulty involved when preparing an estimate. Needs excellent skills in dealing with suppliers, contractors and fellow employees
– Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and/or drawings
– Must be able to do routine arithmetic calculations required for estimating and job costing control reports.
– Must be computer literate with the ability to utilize appropriate software programs.
– Must be able to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing well enough to prepare and read reports, give direction or instructions to employees and interact with clients, staff, vendors and peers.
– Must have appreciation of the workings of all equipment required in commercial and residential construction work.
– Must be able to visualize from blueprints, or drawings, the finished product for take-off requirements
– Work will be done in a climate controlled office environment and on job sites. There will be some travel by vehicle to construction site locations which will involve routine traffic hazards. Must be able to walk around job sites which are in various stages of completion.
Construction Assistant Estimator – Door & Hardware Job Description:
– Assistant Estimator is required to gather all information pertinent to the work that he needs to bid by: site visits, meeting with client, drawings, specifications, addendum's, governing agencies, pictures.
– Assistant Estimator is to help prepare the invitation to bid for the project.
– Help to prepare a complete quantity take off of the project.
– Assist to generate a “Request for Information” (RFI) to the client. Maintain log for all RFIs.
– Prepare preliminary schedules.
– Prepare conceptual, detailed, in-house and RS Means estimates.
– Must be able to identify areas where savings can be obtained and provide Value Engineering (VE) options to the clients with pricing.
– Support Estimator and assist with all tasks required.
– Assistant Estimator may be required to attend and represent company at different showcases that his manager requires him to attend.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|