|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|
Construction Administrator Summary:
The Construction Administrator is responsible to assist in the overall management and the entire lifecycle of a residential or commercial construction project. The Construction Administrator works with the Project Manager to ensure that the scheduled timeline, financial budget, design specifications, jobsite safety and quality standards meet or exceed client expectations and construction regulatory requirements. This individual also manages risk, insurances, general work performance and quality, and overall team progress against the project plan through consistent communication and collaboration with project team members. The Construction Administrator is responsible for managing and coordinating all necessary project documentation throughout the entire project lifecycle. This includes the maintenance of budget and schedule, and the management and administration of all contractual requirements, agreements with trade partners, purchase orders, meeting minutes, drawing logs, owner and trade partner billing.
Construction Administrator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Construction Administrator must exemplify Woolems core values: Safety, Integrity, Accountability, Communication & Excellence
- Assist the Project Manager in the overall project planning, critical path scheduling, time management and resource allocation
- Monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules utilizing scheduling software
- Ensure that activities move according to predetermined schedule
- Implement the project work plans and make revisions as and when needed
- Review, administer and follow construction plans, specifications and design documents
- Acquire and manage all building permits and other regulatory prerequisites
- Maintain records of document date receipt and transmittal date to project parties
- Review the general contract and contract documents and confirm the budget setup and project milestones.
- Create project logs, plan for project safety and mobilization.
- Create and maintain the project procurement log
- Write accurate and detailed documentation of project progress meetings; OAC and subcontractor.
- Execution of critical procedural communication tasks, including submittals, RFI’s, scope bid analysis, subcontracting and change order management
- Communicate effectively with the contractors that are responsible for completing various phases of the project
- Produce and distribute weekly progress report
- Participate in the subcontract process, including contracting, buyout, construction administration, financial management and closeout
- Manage procurement logs to ensure all aspects of the project are bought out and accounted for
- If a claim situation (to owner or other party) exists, with direction of the Project Manager, document our position and pursue recovery from appropriate party. This includes the timely processing of subcontractor backcharges.
- Review and enter in invoices/subcontractor payment applications from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Create and follow up on monthly requisitions to the Owner and maintain a regular dialogue with the project vendors to ensure all financial matters are kept within contract terms
- Ensure all subcontract pay applications and change orders are received and approved within required monthly billing cycles
- Prepare Project Closeout Binder which includes all necessary manuals to the Owner, consolidates project documentation and files.
- Manage subcontractor closeout, transfer of utilities, owner training, and punch list process.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA safety standards
- Minimize risk though proper safety protocol
- Maintain and reinforce safety and quality requirements per Woolems policies
Construction Administrator Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management plus a minimum of 5 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Must have advanced presentation skills.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Ability to implement leading-edge technologies to benefit the project.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Construction Administrator Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to visit project work sites in various stages of completion; traversing over construction type terrain when under development, moving through the construction site and the materials in place for use on the site; climbing ladders and temporary stairways; conduct visual inspections for quality of construction and materials being used in construction. The employee must be willing to travel between jobsites; at times this may be at different regions of the state.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|