The Project Superintendent is responsible for the timely and cost-effective field coordination, quality control and day-to-day supervision of subcontracted work forces for Healthcare construction projects. Prepares the project schedule, maintains reports accurately describing project status, and review status with the Project Manager and client representatives on a regular basis.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
- Develop project construction schedule detailing the timing of material delivery, subcontractor work schedules and overall project plans. Advise Project Manager of circumstances and issues that will have a significant impact on the project schedule.
- Knows how to use Procore.
- Prepare and maintain reports in accordance with company policies and procedures that accurately describe project status.
- Document issues and problems that have developed along with identification of the person(s) responsible for their resolution.
- Verify accuracy of drawing plan measurements of floors, walls, ceilings, etc.
- Identify discrepancies and take corrective action with Estimating or Project Manager.
- Schedule the routing and delivery of materials and take appropriate precautions to prevent job-site theft.
- Ensure schedule takes into account current tenant work schedules and building access/elevator usage for oversized materials.
- Co-chair weekly project construction meetings with subcontractors, architects, engineers, other vendors and owner to discuss project status.
- Document issues that impact the project schedule or will impact project budget and assign resolution to appropriate individuals in attendance.
- Recommend overtime work requests to Project Manager and obtain appropriate security clearances for approved overtime.
- Continually enforce safety policies and procedures. Attend relevant courses on safety programs and stay up to date on latest trends.
- Make active attempts to resolve labor disputes and personnel problems. Take unresolved issues to Project Manager when needed.
- Establish effective working relationships with client, architects, building manager, building engineer and others. Actively enforce all building regulations regarding noise, use of elevators, security, etc.
- Maintain adequate and competent subcontractor labor crews as approved to complete timely and quality work.
- Schedule and coordinate work crews consistent with project demands and schedule. Supervise work of crews to ensure work is completed as contracted with a minimal punch list.
- Meet daily with subcontractors to ensure daily schedules and task lists are understood.
- Take necessary steps to maintain general conditions costs including trash dumpster use, security guards and general laborers at the budgeted amounts.
- Review invoices from subcontractors and vendors and recommend approval or modification to Project Manager.
- Document all field changes and “as-built conditions” to Project Manager on a weekly basis Obtain client and or architect signature on final punch list completion certificate.
- Assist Project Manager and/or Estimators by reviewing bid documents and estimates from a logistics, scope of items and general field perspective.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|