The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for providing coordination and management for construction projects. The PM will coordinate with internal departments, vendors, contractors and designers to construct a project on time and within approved budget.
Construction Project Manager Required Skills:
- At least five (5) years of construction experience and Construction related Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, building codes, specifications, regulations.
- Ability to present information in public and write correspondence and reports.
- Computer proficiency Sage 300 and Procore a Plus.
- Ability to perform calculations necessary to produce or interpret budgets, budget forecasts, discounts, percentages, costs per square foot, and other basic algebraic functions.
- Ability to create basic formulas for spreadsheet applications. Proficiency with Excel essential.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to handle stressful situations in a calm matter.
- Must be able to make decisions and judgments based on situational analysis.
- Ability to manage all internal and external relationships in a professional manner.
Construction Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Selects and coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project.
- Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervises assistant managers, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and monies allocated.
- Reports to owners and architects about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
- Perform other jobs as assigned.